"Finding the right golf teaching professional is critical if your child is to enjoy the challenges of playing golf and at the same time being guided to keep improving so they can stay and play the game for the rest of their lives."
Maybe they are already playing and want to take their game to the next level?
So is getting onto the internet to find the nearest available golf teaching professional and making an appointment to see them a problem solved?
Finding the right golf teaching professional is critical if your child is to enjoy the challenges of playing golf and at the same time being guided to keep improving so they can stay and play the game for the rest of their lives.
The following 7 questions below and the responses you will receive from them should guide you in your selection of the golf teaching professional that you will entrust your child's ongoing development to.
- How long have you been coaching junior golfers for?
- Have you got a structured long term junior development pathway?
- Apart from improving full swing technique what other skills are taught in your program?
- What and how is the reporting process of the child's golf development communicated back to the parent?
- Does the child get the proper guidance and instruction in the etiquette and rules of golf?
- Are there regular checks on the child's equipment to ensure they are correctly fitted?
- Is a golf specific muscular/skeletal screening available in your program?
The response to these 7 questions will allow you to select a golf teaching professional that has the broad range of skills to encourage, motivate, guide and mentor your child.
He or she if they have the skills and experience in junior development will help form all the psychological characteristic's required for your child to become a well rounded person.
And if this is achieved their golf game follows in the same direction.
So ask the 7 questions above, and your selection of the right teaching professional for your child will be made a lot easier.
The best of luck with it.
David Milne and Lawrie Montague - Pro Tour Golf College
Your Success On Tour is Our Business